The role is Hong Kong based and manages all aspects of the production process from sample development right through to delivery of bulk orders. Working closely with the team in China, Hong Kong, South Africa and London, the candidate will be an excellent communicator in Cantonese, Mandarin and English and work well across time zones.
It is strategically involved in the development of systems and processes to improve production efficiency, and in conjunction with the logistics team where tasks cross over. The role interacts with everyone at Catherine Deane to better understand the business needs and be proactive in collaborating with the team to adapt.
- Guide the workflow of the sample room workers according the Design team’s schedule.
- Provide technical support during the sampling process, for best possible fit results for the sample and bulk production.
- Check and review samples to update our costings table for use by the commercial team, and update when adjustments occur.
- Prepare product spec sheets and tech. pack containing the paper pattern, fit comments, fabric comb. sheet and original sample to support production of PP samples.
- Make final approval on PP Sample and confirm bulk spec sheet.
- Production planning and management of factories to best support workflow for timely and high-quality results.
- Support and negotiate factory volume requirements.
- Negotiate CM with factories and control all costs during the production cycle.
- Support the factory team throughout production with any issues or technical problem solving.
- Oversee QC procedure and final quality approval on bulk.
- Visit China factories weekly (day trip) to check progress and meet with the team.
- Consolidate all fabric and raw material requirements from production orders and raise any issues such as MOQ’s.
- Create and maintain raw material charts and be the point of approval for all bulk fabric/lace deliveries and lab dips.
- Ensure delivery of all materials is on time, supporting on timely delivery of product to the customer.
- Build and Maintain excellent relationships with our suppliers.
- Cooperate with the sales team to fulfil requests where possible.
- Work proactively with the design team on our eco initiative, plus size collection and any strategic advances.
Skills and Experience:
- Has at least 5 years’ experience in a ladies formal wear production manager role, working with Chinese & Asian factories.
- Extensive network of connections within the industry.
- A strong team player who is self-motivated and confident communicating internationally.
- Proficient in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
- Has a passion for sustainable fabric and manufacturing processes.
- Is confident in setting up new processes to improve planning and efficiency.
- Able to adapt to new systems quickly and effectively.
- Process driven, methodical and highly organised.
- Has excellent communication skills to build relationships internally and externally at all levels.
- Is flexible and adaptable and willing to support teams across the business.
- Has a positive, pro-active and conscientious attitude to their work.
Applications should be sent to Laura - firstname.lastname@example.org